Address: 457 S. Church Street, Winston Salem, N.C. 27101 Telephone: (336) 722-1742 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Day In History
1754 Lovefeast is announced in the Wachovia settlement by a trumpet made from a hollow tree, and “no trumpet in Bethlehem has a better tone.”
1857 Though Salem is now an incorporated town, the Salem Congregation Aufseher Collegium (Home Church board of trustees) names the town’s streets: Church, Main, Salt, Elm (formerly Factory Row), Marshall, and Poplar running north-south, and Belews Creek, New Shallowford, Bank, Old Shallowford, West, and Walnut running east-west. In later years Old Shallowford will become Academy Street and New Shallowford will be Brookstown, and Belews Creek Street will all but disappear and be named Technology Way.
1986 Groundbreaking is held for the facilities of Prince of Peace Moravian Church.
457 S. Church Street
Winston-Salem, N.C. 27101