1802 Following decision by Salem’s boards to open a boarding school for girls, Br. Samuel Kramsch is installed as its first "inspector," or headmaster. As yet he has no students, but the first three will arrive on 13 May 1804. The boarding school will grow — along with the little school for town girls begun by Sr. Oesterlein in 1772 — to become Salem Academy and College.
1950 Konnoak Hills holds its first service in its new building.
457 S. Church Street
Winston-Salem, N.C. 27101