Phone: (336) 722-1742

Fellowships of the Southern Province






While the Southern Province celebrates its 250th anniversary with 59 full and provisional congregations, it must be remembered that several groups of Moravians are in various states of formation as fellowships. A fellowship can be formed or disbanded as the needs of the members arise.

Suriname Moravian Fellowship meets in Miami Beach. Begun in 1990, it was granted fellowship status in June 1993 with Imro Anys and Armand Sabar assuming leading roles.

Across the Florida peninsula is the Tampa Fellowship. A mostly Miskitu group, it began meeting in 1992 and was officially recognized as a fellowship in 1996. It has received assistance from Miami’s King of Kings.

The Sarasota Fellowship, also a mostly Miskitu group, was organized as a fellowship in June 1999. It too has received assistance from Miami’s King of Kings.

New Covenant Fellowship meets in Palm Beach County, Florida. Br. Ofreciano Julias has served the group for the past three years and will continue to work with it as he serves as pastor of Palm Beach Moravian Church.

Meeting in the Greenville-Spartanburg area is the Palmetto Fellowship, adopting its name from South Carolina’s state tree. Herbert Weber presided over the first communion of the fellowship on May 12, 1991.

Community Fellowship in Welcome, North Carolina, had formerly been a full church of the Province. It was organized in 1970 with members from nearby Enterprise Moravian Church. Membership declined, though, until Community Fellowship was reclassified a fellowship in 1993. It was on the verge of disbanding in 1997 when new families joined, and Community Fellowship has again sought full church status.