1759 Eight refugee families living at the Bethabara mill petition to become residents of the new community of Bethania. August Gottlieb Spangenberg takes this opportunity to build Bethania with a mixture of "strangers" and members of the Moravian Church
1899 The United States Post Office begins to use the postmark “Winston-Salem.”
1953 The Southern Province of the Moravian Church is accepted as a full member of the World Council of Churches.
1955 The Southern and Northern Provinces assume responsibility for the Eastern West Indies Province and the British Guiana mission from the British Province.
1955 Olivet is organized as a separate congregation from Bethania.
1966 W. Herbert Spaugh retires as pastor of Little Church on the Lane. He has served a single pastorate longer than any other pastor of the Southern Province: 42 years. He is second only to William E. Spaugh, who served St. Philips (as well as several other churches) for 45 years.
457 S. Church Street
Winston-Salem, N.C. 27101