1822 Br. Steiner announces the “beginning of a small congregation of colored people.” It consists of three communicants: Budney and his wife Phebe, and John Emmanuel. This is the anniversary date of the congregation that in the 21st century will have the name St. Philips.
1895 The Fairview Sunday School is organized in Mr. Cicero Tise’s church which is also called Fairview. Fairview will be organized as a congregation on 12 July 1908.
1913 The last meeting of the Salem town commissioners is held one day before the election of a mayor and aldermen of the consolidated city of Winston-Salem.
457 S. Church Street
Winston-Salem, N.C. 27101