The Provincial Elders Conference has approved designating the last Sunday in April to offer prayers for the Southern Province Archives and to request support for its ongoing mission as its record keeper. This year that Sunday falls on April 26, the third Sunday in Easter. The Archives Commission is grateful for the support of pastors and congregation leaders as we celebrate our Church’s commitment to preserving the witness of Brothers and Sisters who have gone before and to gathering the stories of today’s church work. We appreciate the opportunity to thank the individuals and congregations who sustain the work of the Archives with their gifts of service and money and to invite others to volunteer and support us.
To assist pastors in preparing their service, we have created the support resources below. In late March, we will deliver donation envelopes and bulletin inserts for Moravian Archives Sunday to churches. Please contact us if you have any questions about this celebration event.
- A suggested order of service;
- A short liturgy for Moravian Archives Sunday, including recognition of Archives volunteers and supporters at your church, and those who administer and help your own congregational archives and records;
- A “statement to be read,” which focuses attention on the record-keeping charge of the Archives as a service to all our congregations, and the special opportunities those records give us for offering a faith witness to extended family members of Moravians and our wider communities;
- A printable front-and-back bulletin insert, describing our Moravian records and ways to support the Moravian Archives; and
- The Archives donation envelope remittance insert (for your information only, as envelopes will be sent to you).