Address: 457 S. Church Street, Winston Salem, N.C. 27101
Telephone: (336) 722-1742
Find Us on Google Maps
The Moravian Archives is pleased to announce our plans to reopen to the public on June 1, 2021, with the following requirements:
- Researchers must call or email to make an appointment.
- Walk-in researchers will not be admitted.
- There will be a limit of 3 persons in the research room at a time (including MMF researchers).
- Masks required for those not fully vaccinated.
- Masks required for ALL when there are other researchers.
- Researchers are required to bring their own writing materials (pencils & paper).
Our research hours are Monday-Thursday 9:30-noon & Monday-Friday 1:30-4:30. Please call or email to schedule an appointment.
Parking is in the northwest corner of the lot at the western end of SR 4326 (Rams Drive) off Salem Avenue. The same street serves as entry to the Elbertson Fine Arts Center at Salem College. From the east side/parking lot, come to our front entrance by walking up the stairs on the south side of our building in front of you.
There may also be on-street parking spots available near the intersection of Church Street and Bank Street, just to the west of the Archie K. Davis Center. Access our front door from the west by walking under the south portico at Cedarhyrst, the gray stone mansion that serves as the offices for the Moravian Church, Southern Province, at 459 S. Church Street. Yes, they actually are on Church Street – we are back off of it, but “Church Street” is still our street address. Our front entrance is directly to the east, just behind Cedarhyrst.
Accessibility; and Special Events and Deliveries
If you need handicapped access, or if you are attending a public event or Lunchtime Lecture at our facility or making a package delivery, you may enter through the gated door on the lower level of our building on the east side, facing the parking lot. During events, that door should be attended. Otherwise, please ring the bell for assistance.
Holiday Closures 2021:
- May 31- Memorial Day
- July 5- Independence Day (Observed)
- September 6- Labor Day
- November 25-26- Thanksgiving Holidays
- December 23-24- Christmas Holidays