Address: 457 S. Church Street, Winston Salem, N.C. 27101
Telephone: (336) 722-1742
Find Us on Google Maps
Reopening of the Archives
Until the hiring of a new archivist, the Archives will be open to the public on a very limited basis. Hours will be Tuesday from 1 PM – 5 PM and Wednesdays from 9 AM – 1 PM. We encourage you at other times when we are not open to contact us by phone or through our email address: email@example.com
The Moravian Archives requires the following requirements when wanting to visit in person:
- Researchers must call or email to make an appointment.
- Walk-in researchers will not be admitted.
- There will be a limit of 3 persons in the research room at a time (including MMF researchers).
- Masks required for those not fully vaccinated.
- Masks required for ALL when there are other researchers.
- Researchers are required to bring their own writing materials (pencils & paper).
Please call or email to schedule an appointment.
Parking is in the northwest corner of the lot at the western end of SR 4326 (Rams Drive) off Salem Avenue. The same street serves as entry to the Elbertson Fine Arts Center at Salem College. From the east side/parking lot, come to our front entrance by walking up the stairs on the south side of our building in front of you.
There may also be on-street parking spots available near the intersection of Church Street and Bank Street, just to the west of the Archie K. Davis Center. Access our front door from the west by walking under the south portico at Cedarhyrst, the gray stone mansion that serves as the offices for the Moravian Church, Southern Province, at 459 S. Church Street. Yes, they actually are on Church Street – we are back off of it, but “Church Street” is still our street address. Our front entrance is directly to the east, just behind Cedarhyrst.
Accessibility; and Special Events and Deliveries
If you need handicapped access, or if you are attending a public event or Lunchtime Lecture at our facility or making a package delivery, you may enter through the gated door on the lower level of our building on the east side, facing the parking lot. During events, that door should be attended. Otherwise, please ring the bell for assistance.
Holiday Closures 2021:
- May 31- Memorial Day
- July 5- Independence Day (Observed)
- September 6- Labor Day
- November 25-26- Thanksgiving Holidays
- December 23-24- Christmas Holidays